sábado, 29 de junio de 2019

My favorite food



As I said in another post lentils are my favorite food. Even before I became a vegan I always loved legums (this is my protein source), but my favorite ones is stewed lentils simple because I love the taste, the way that my mom prepare this plate and the most important is nutritious, cheap and easy to prepare. The way that I prepare this plate is like my mom but with some modifications. You have to soak the lentils for eight hours and then boil this lentils with pumpkin. In other pot you have to make a fried mix of some vegetables (any of your preference) but always with onion, carrot and do not forget to put salt and spices. When the lentils and the pumpkin are ready you throw the half of the water, put the vegetables in there mix everything with a bunch of rice and cook until the rice is ready and BOOM!
image

I  add some chard because this vegetable has iron! an important nutrient for us, body and blood.

I know that the most of people do not like legums but I invite you to try it in other forms not only in soup or stew. If you do not like lentils you can try with chickpeas making hummus or falafels and beans to make hamburguers and sauces 

1 comentario:

  1. yeah lentils are great, but I think that the most delicious food that you have ever prepared is you...r vegan bolognese pasta, it's amazing, from another world, almost like you ;)

    ResponderBorrar